09 April 2008

Apitherapy

I was really interested in the Bee sting therapy of Multiple sclerosis which is also known as apitherapy. According to A Randomized Crossover Study of bee sting therapy for Multiple sclerosis, apitherapy has no significant affect on M.S. patients. So I tried to see if there were any other studies out there that say otherwise. Most of what is out there is proposed studies; very little research has already been done. What I found out was that apitherapy may be affective in treating other health problems such as tendonitis, fibromyositis and rheumatoid arthritis. These health problems appear ideal for this anti-inflammatory treatment. For the most part I found testimonials of those who swore by apitherapy. I noticed that those who swore by it would never have met the criteria that would allow them to participate in any study not being well enough to participate. If such people where allowed, I wonder how it would affect future studies.

No comments: